Formpipe: “Cumulus BI has Helped us Create Greater Flexibility.”
The tech company Formpipe, like many other companies, used Excel as a tool for financial planning and follow-up. The company found that there were clear challenges in collecting and managing files within the business. Formpipe chose Cumulus BI to facilitate and streamline the work and to get a total picture during the process.
– We have a better structure to our process than we had before,” says Joakim Alfredson, CFO of Formpipe.
Binovi has developed the Cumulus BI service that helps companies with budgeting, forecasting, reporting and monitoring. The service is entirely web-based and works as a complete solution that can be easily tailored to different business needs. For Formpipe, Binovi and Cumulus BI became an obvious solution that created great opportunities for the company.
– Cumulus BI has helped us create greater flexibility. It has facilitated the management of currency and made it easier for each unit to get an overall sense of the budget early in the process. Before, we had to collect everything, put it together and then distribute it to each business area. Now they can see their picture earlier. This saves time and work, especially for us centrally,” says Joakim Alfredson at Formpipe.
Increased responsibility within the business
Formpipe primarily uses Cumulus BI as a budgeting and forecasting tool. Today the company has 20 employees who use the service. Each manager has access to Cumulus BI and makes a budget for his own area of responsibility.
– Cumulus BI has reduced responsibility so that each manager feels more responsible for their part, says Joakim Alfredson at Formpipe.
Formpipe currently has operations spread across Europe and the United States. Joakim Alfredson says that Cumulus BI helps to keep the business in order, thanks to the service’s versatile functionalities.
– With Cumulus BI, we can accurately count our staff, which is our biggest cost. You can now clearly see when a new employee starts or if someone leaves. You keep it current and alive. Cumulus BI also helps us see very granularly around our revenue on our different products. You can constantly go back and look at how you thought and when things start to pay off.
”Super support for us in the future”
Formpipe has been a user of Cumulus BI for just over two years and plans to work more regularly with the service in the near future.
– Binovi is continuously developing the service and new features are added all the time, so we see it as a super support for us in the future,” concludes Joakim Alfredson.